Saturday, February 13, 2010

Red Sox Fantasy Camp Thu Feb 4

Back at the clubhouse and I see that we are 3-1, tied for 2nd. Game 5 we were home vs team 2 Steve 'Shag' Crawford and Ton Burgmeier 'Brickhouse Gang': Art Benotti, Jen Courcy (who has caught every inning of every game), Ed Dalton, Steve Earp, Lee Gregory, Bill Hofmann, Mark Metanes, Janet Miller, John Recesso, Tim Ryan, and Eddie Schafer (who is 80!) and has come back after having cancer!). Janet was pitching and she hit me on the thigh. Going to be a pretty bruise. I also got a hit and I grounded out ( 1-2, HBP). Tim Ryan hit a grand slam over my head - if it didn't hit the warning track, it was awfully close. Janet pitched real well. We lost 10-3. I hope we get our bats going again. Dana Rickard got game MVP going 2-2, 2 runs scored.

At lunch it was announced that the 2007 world series trophy was there so I got Jeff to take a picture of me with it. I already have the 2004 trophy picture so now I got both. Cool! The only downside was that I was getting a huge headache. I started taking Naproxen to try to ward it off. I will take it for 3 days straight to hopefully avoid any problems. They also had a cake for Mugsy, his 55th birthday. Another great cake!

Game 6 we were the visitors against the Orioles, team 8 Gary Allenson, Scott McGregor 'Brook's Bombers' (a nice tribute for Brooksie!). Rick Casselbury, Jay Demarest, Bob Garvin, Wayne Harne, Doug Meekins, Kenny Myers, Brian O'Shea, Jim Seeberger, Brian Shea, Bill Sims, Roy Smith, Bruce Stiely, Bob Zuckerman. We had Dan's kids, Sam and Amos as our bat boys. What a pleasure these two kids are. We ended up winning 10-4. Mike Owens started pitching. Then Lane pitched and then I pitched the last inning to save the pitchers' arms. We got the first two outs right away, then a couple of hits and a walk, but then the 3rd out was made. PHEW! I went 0-3 with a BB, K. Dana got MVP again going 2-3 run scored and 3 RBI! Kim got a fantastic hit into the OF. Boy was she happy! Marty started hitting and making some good plays in the field, which is great because we need all the hits that we can get. Jack got a hit, too! The Orioles didn't win a game and tied twice. They really didn't have much pitching, but as the week went on, they played good baseball. They still seemed to have a good time. Allenson would lead them in a team cheer, chanting 'O-r-i-o-l-e-s, Orioles!'

Back at the hotel I went into the hot tub. Now let's see how many rules we broke... (1) max people was 5, we had at least 8. (2) no cups/ bottles in pool area. We had water bottles, beer bottles. (3) No alcohol - yeah, right. (4) no kids under 15, the willis boys, Sam and Amos, were in the tub - do they count as 1? They started the timer for us. (5) Time limit 15 minutes - we lost track after the kids turned it on for us twice. Well, at least no one was pregnant- that could've been another rule broken. Lane, Kim, Jen, Lisa, Lee, Al, Sam and Amos and I were all in the tub.

We decided to do an informal team dinner at PF Changs. Unfortunately, they couldn't seat us until 9:15, so we ended up going to Fireside, a great place with great service. There was 15 of us. The coaches did not join us and neither did Owens, Basile, and Kawadler. Scott and his wife, Janet, joined us as well as Dan and his 2 kids, Lane, Mary, Dana, Kathy, Jeff and I, Al, Jack and Kim . It was really a great time. Afterward Jeff, Al and I went to Kilwin's ice cream for the real stuff. Even I got a kid's size cup. Other than the birthday cake I really have been good.

Back at the hotel there is a Texas hold'em tourney going on, but I stay away from that. I socialize a bit and head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment