Saturday, February 13, 2010

Red Sox Fantasy Camp Sun Feb 7

Superbowl Sunday!

Everyone is scrambling to get out of dodge because of the snowstorm that's hitting the east coast. Philly, DC, Baltimore is all shut down. Luckily we stay tonight in Tampa with our friends, Pam and Eric. We don't leave until Monday. We decide to eat breakfast at the hotel and Lane and Mary joined us and then Dana and Kathy do, too. Al stops by and can't find his phone so I give him mine so he can call it and hopefully find it. He does - it was in his room. Slowly people are leaving and we head up at 10:30 to start packing up and check out by 11:15. We get on the road at noon, stop once, and get to Pam's at 2:00. We hang out and head over to their friend's, Jeff, house. He's a big Saints fan, in fact there are 4 really big Saint's fans and only 1 Colts fan. The rest of us were rooting for the Saints because no one likes Manning and we just are pulling for the Saints. What a game! The onside kick, the 2 point conversion and then the interception of Manning. Hooray! It took the sting out of my world series loss.

Now that camp is all over and I look back on the wonderful week I have to say that we really had a great team. I had a personal best batting 7-20, 6 BBs, 1HBP, 4 runs scored, 3 rbis, and only 2 Ks. I was nominated for gold glove and I ran for a lot of my teammates and my legs felt pretty good, even today! Everyone contributed and we almost did it.

I really enjoyed all the pros. They are so willing to give their time to critique you to become a better player. Campbell, Miller, Cuyler, Sullivan, Boswell, Petrocelli. They all gave me some bits of info during the week that totally helped me out, hitting, fielding and running the bases. I did miss Sam Horn, Jose Santiago, Bob Stanley, Eric Rasmussen, Mike Caldwell, and Mike Torrez.

Thanks so much for reading my journal. If anyone wants to use any part of it as a reference for your own journal, please use it as a reference (ie rewrite in your own words, I hate to say it so bluntly, but it happened in the past that someone copied it and it wasn't cool). If you happen to notice anything that isn't correct, please let me know so that I can get it fixed. I used Jeff''s pictures to help me piece things together and Jeff got pictures of the scorecards, except for game 1, which Dan sent me a scanned copy, and the championship game, which I have no idea where that one went.

Til next year -Boot camp again! I never felt so great after the camp - it totally worked! I hope that I can have a repeat performance. Expectations are sky high!

No comments:

Post a Comment